18 Great Research Paper Topics On Illegal Immigration
The challenge of illegal migration is one that has been a significant concern to many countries for so many years. In most cases, one of the biggest problems of illegal migration is the threat to national security, or the security of those who reside in the areas where these immigrants go.
It is sensible, because when they come in, they have to fend for themselves, and without jobs, the only way out for some of the immigrants is to try other means, some of which are normally illegal, hence the growing concern. Here are some ideas that you can consider for your work:
- Discuss how illegal immigration has affected the security of communities
- Champion for the need to grant amnesty to immigrants
- Discuss how illegal immigration has become a constant challenge in the US
- Highlight the crisis that has been borne out of the immigration patterns
- Propose useful ways to put an end to illegal immigration
- Discuss the need for reforms in the immigration legislation
- Discuss some of the problems that come about as a result of illegal immigrants
- It is inhumane to deny illegal immigrants benefits – discuss
- Discuss the key causes and effects of the illegal immigration problem
- Explain how the federalist system has indeed led to an increase in illegal immigrants in the country
- Discuss why countries that create chaos overseas must be ready to take in illegal immigrants
- Discuss some of the good effects of illegal immigration that are barely ever discussed
- Explain how illegal immigrants are affecting the economy
- Critically compare and contrast the pros and cons of illegal immigration
- Discuss the environmental impact of such illegal immigration patterns
- Debunk some of the myths that are constantly associated with the use of social services, and the illegal immigration crisis
- Explain how information flow is key to the continued rise in the population of illegal immigrants in so many countries all over the world
- Using case studies, highlight the plight of illegal immigrants, the challenges that they face from the moment they leave their country of origin, to their final destination
In as far as this paper is concerned, the ideas that we have shared in here will actually help you out. You can also follow the same theme and come up with some of your own.
Coming Up With Interesting Research Paper Topics On Immigration
Coming up with ideas based on what is happening in your local area
Whilst some areas are relatively unaffected by immigration, others will experience various changes in the makeup of the population based on immigration levels. If the local area where you live is a popular destination for immigrants then you may wish to talk about any relevant issues that you see in your everyday life. For example, you may wish to talk about how the job market has been affected, how housing services are able to accommodate immigrants, or how various aspects of local culture have changed. It may even be that you wish to talk about the increased variety of restaurants, changes relating to various shops or any other positive or negative issues surrounding immigration in the local area.
Using facts and figures to back up your arguments
Immigration is a very contentious topic. Whilst some people agree with it, others are against it. In order to put together convincing and accurate arguments, it is important that any facts or figures you use come from reputable sources. For example, if you wish to talk about how many immigrants have come into the country over time, then you will want to use officially verified facts, as opposed to random estimates by unqualified people.
Comparing immigration levels in more than one country
Whatever topic you choose to write about, you may wish to base your research not only on the country that you live in, but also those of other countries. In fact, you may not even wish to look at immigration in your own country, but would rather concentrate on immigration that is occurring elsewhere in the world
A list of immigration topics to help you come up with an idea of your own
- What affect has immigration had on birth rates in the United States?
- How has immigration affected the average wage in border communities in the US?
- A study of immigration levels over the past 50 years
- Global immigration: which countries attract the most and least immigrants
- What affect does immigration have on the education system?
- Does immigration have a positive or negative effect on the welfare system?
- An examination of immigration in the United States in the 21st Century
- An analysis of immigration levels and what to expect in the future
- A study of immigration in the EU since the 2004 enlargement
- A study of Australia’s stance and laws relating to immigration